In fulfilling this role our focus is to:
- Provide independent advice on setting and meeting carbon budgets and preparing for climate change
- Monitor progress in reducing emissions and achieving carbon budgets and targets
- Conduct independent analysis into climate change science, economics and policy
- Engage with a wide range of organisations and individuals to share evidence and analysis
The Government and national authorities may also request specific advice from the Committee on an ad-hoc basis.
- Corporate and Business Plan 2016-2019 – This document sets out the CCC’s strategic objectives, priorities and work programme.
- Framework Document – This document describes the broad framework within which the organisation operates and covers the role of both the CCC and Adaptation Committee (AC), their governance and accountability, management and financial responsibilities.
- Audit Committee – This Committee supports the CCC and the Chief Executive (as Accounting Officer) in their respective responsibilities for control and governance, risk management and associated assurance.
- The Secretariat – The Secretariat provides analytical and corporate support to the Committee and is made up of around 35 staff members, led by the Chief Executive.