Finance and corporate services support officer
Closing date: Apply before 11:55 pm on Sunday 7th January 2024
The Climate Change Committee (CCC) is seeking an experienced support officer to work within the Corporate Service team, this is a busy but varied role for which, ideally, the successful candidate should have prior experience within a support function, but training will be provided for the right person. The role is offered as a fixed term appointment for up to 24 months or on secondment.
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
Climate change is an issue that affects everyone, but inequalities in society mean that not everyone is affected in the same way. Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) offers a framework for the CCC to improve our advice to Government and how we report on progress made in reducing emissions and adapting to climate change to ensure better policy outcomes for all UK citizens.
The CCC’s strategy sets out how the CCC will take this forward within our own organisation and structures, and the way in which we carry out our statutory obligations.
The strategy aims to build a positive, constructive EDI culture within the CCC and to ensure that EDI informs delivery of our statutory obligations:
- Our work understands and recognises the importance of EDI for improving the intended outcomes of our advice and recommendations to Government. We will use tools such as data and equality analysis and representative focus groups to better understand the potential differential impacts of our advice and commit to presenting this evidence in an engaging and clear manner.
- Our culture is inclusive and supportive, where all staff are treated respectfully and fairly, regardless of background, gender, ethnicity or other aspects, and where bullying or harassment of any form is not tolerated.
- Our people are increasingly diverse across the profile of the CCC, so that we are more reflective of the society that we serve.
Read the full Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Strategy here.
As a Disability Confident Committed Employer we have committed to:
- ensure our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible
- communicating and promoting vacancies
- offering an interview to disabled people who meet the minimum criteria for the job
- anticipating and providing reasonable adjustments as required
- supporting any existing employee who acquires a disability or long term health condition, enabling them to stay in work
- at least one activity that will make a difference for disabled people
- We do not accept applications on a speculative basis or hold CVs on file to be considered for future vacancies
- Unfortunately, we do not generally have the capacity to offer internships, work experience, work shadowing or support placement schemes