The Climate Change Committee (CCC) will publish its recommendation on the level of the Sixth Carbon Budget in December 2020. The Sixth Carbon Budget, required under the Climate Change Act, will provide Ministers with advice on the volume of greenhouse gases the UK can emit during the period 2033-2037. It will set the path to the UK’s Net Zero emissions target in 2050, as the first carbon budget to be set into law following that commitment.
We will also be hosting a series of online events to launch the Sixth Carbon Budget, including:
- 9 December: Sixth Carbon Budget, the path to Net Zero. Online launch event.
- Registration for this webinar is now closed. The event will also be livestreamed on this YouTube link.
- 9 December: What the Sixth Carbon Budget means for Scotland.
- 9 December: What the Sixth Carbon Budget means for Northern Ireland.
- 17 December: Welsh emissions targets – supporting a Net Zero UK.