Agenda and minutes of the Committee on Climate Change meeting on 13 July 2018 in Edinburgh.
Topics discussed included:
- the CCC’s potential scope of work following the Government’s request for advice on the UK’s long-term targets
- how cities are central to solving Scotland’s emissions problems and they could become exemplars for integrated policy making (e.g. transport)
- how economy-wide action is needed to reduce overall emissions in Scotland, including the important the role of citizens, businesses and technology
- measures that could reduce agricultural emissions in Scotland and the potential for future regulation
- an update on the bioenergy review report