Agenda and minutes of the Committee on Climate Change meeting on 18 January 2019.
Topics discussed included:
- the housing report and the framing of its findings, recommendations and key messages, as well as its structure
- drafting a letter to the Secretary of State for Transport in response to Aviation 2050 – The future of UK aviation consultation
- the international context of the Net-Zero report and the main range of global emissions pathways to consider
- a presentation setting out a proposed narrative for consideration of the costs and benefits in the Net-Zero report
- the call for evidence to inform the Net-Zero report and how the secretariat can further obtain the views of certain sectors
- a letter providing advice to Government on the carry-forward of emissions from the second carbon budget