Agenda and minutes of the Committee on Climate Change meeting on 21 June 2019.
Topics discussed included:
- the Government announcement that the Net Zero target would be placed in legislation, via an amendment to the Climate Change Act
- the secretariat led a discussion on the scope of the land use and agriculture policy report
- the secretariat led discussion of the progress report comments and how to incorporate these in the report
- the Committee agreed that the forthcoming letter to the Government should cover shipping as well as aviation
- the secretariat presented on a range of aspects of the design and scope of an emissions trading system