This report presents the summary and recommendations of the Committee on Climate Change’s 2017 Report to Parliament and the Adaptation Sub-Committee’s 2017 Report to Parliament.
It finds that:
- Two new plans covering emissions reductions and actions to prepare for climate change are needed to meet the UK’s climate change objectives
- The plans to be developed by the new Government will be drawn up against a backdrop of changes that could help to deliver better policy. However, some of these changes also present risks to the delivery of those climate change plans
- Climate policy is increasingly connected to wider issues, leading to new opportunities to create multiple benefits from action to address climate change
The Government responded to the Committee’s 2017 Progress Report to Parliament in October 2017.
- Government response to the Committee On Climate Change 2017 Report to Parliament – meeting Carbon Budgets
- Government response to the Committee on Climate Change 2017 Report to Parliament – progress in preparing for climate change