This report assesses the role of Bioenergy in meeting carbon budgets and targets, drawing on detailed analysis of land use impacts and the UK energy system from technical, economic and wider sustainability perspectives. The report advises Government on key issues such as resource availability, lifecycle emissions, sustainability standards and appropriate use of bioenergy across sectors.
These papers contain the full analysis that underpins the review.
- Is bioenergy low-carbon?
- Global and UK bioenergy supply scenarios
- Appropriate use of scarce bioenergy
- Biomass in power generation
The data, charts and figures that appear in the review.
Supporting data and research cited in the review
- Appropriate uses of Bioenergy
- Energy from biomass: the size of the global resource
- Biomass conversion of coal plant – Mott MacDonald December 2011
- Alternative uses of biomass in decarbonising industry – Poyry December 2011. (ARUP review of Poyry study 2012, commissioned by the Brick Development Association)