This is a report supporting Reducing the UK’s carbon footprint and managing competitiveness risks (April 2013).
The supporting research considers the life-cycle of emissions of key low-carbon technologies and answers the following questions:
- What are the life-cycle emissions associated with each of the technologies?
- How do the life-cycle emissions compare to the counterfactual?
- Do the emissions arise in the UK, or are they embedded in imported goods? If embedded, where are they imported from?
- How might emissions change in the future?
- How could emissions be reduced?
The supporting research was written by Ricardo-AEA.