This letter from Lord Deben, CCC Chairman, is a specific assessment by the Committee of the Department for Transport’s Road to Zero Strategy. The letter recommends the Government takes following actions to tackle emissions reductions from transport:
- set out a vision for future travel demand
- accelerate the uptake of the cleanest vehicles
- reduce risks and costs to vehicle manufacturers by providing clarity on new car and van targets beyond 2020 and tighten testing procedures
- address supply issues and long waiting times for electric vehicles
- support the efficient rollout of affordable EV charging infrastructure.
- tackle emissions from trucks