This is a report supporting Scope of carbon budgets – Statutory advice on inclusion of international aviation and shipping (April 2011).
This technical report accompanies the Committee on Climate Change’s statutory advice on aviation and shipping in carbon budgets and the 2050 target. It sets out our scenarios for how the 2050 target to reduce emissions by 80% relative to 1990 levels can be achieved with international aviation and shipping included. These scenarios increase confidence that the target can be delivered and at a cost previously accepted by Parliament.
View the data
Further supporting research
- Chapter 1 – Modelling Carbon Price Impacts of Global Energy Scenarios – UCL Energy Institute (2012).
- Chapter 3 – Decarbonising Heat in Buildings: 2030-2050 – Element Energy (2012)
- Chapter 3 – Decarbonising Heat in Buildings: 2030-2050 (Technical Annex) – Element Energy (2012)
- Chapter 4 – Cost & Performance of EV Batteries – Element Energy (2012)
- Chapter 4 – Battery Cost Projection Model for the CCC – Element Energy (2012)
- Chapter 4 – A Review of the Efficiency and Cost Assumptions for Road Transport Vehicles to 2050 – AEA (2012)
- Chapter 4 – Efficiency and Cost Assumptions Calculation Framework – AEA (2012)
- Chapter 5 – Potential for Post-2030 Emissions Reduction from Industry – A E A Technology (2012)