This report was produced by Terri Wills for the Climate Change Committee (CCC). Terri Wills is an independent climate change consultant who worked with the CCC throughout 2020 to identify opportunities for business to deliver the UK’s Net Zero objectives. The report focusses on the UK’s transition to electric vehicles and how businesses across the industry can deliver this. It discusses topics including:
- The extent of the market transition that is required.
- Current barriers to realising this.
- Policy that is needed to enable delivery of this transition.
- Areas in which the private sector can play a role.
- Opportunities and benefits for business.
This report accompanies the CCC’s analysis for the Sixth Carbon Budget.