This is the Committee’s annual report to Parliament, assessing progress in reducing UK emissions over the past year. It finds that UK action to curb greenhouse gas emissions is lagging behind what is needed to meet legally-binding emissions targets. Since June 2018, Government has delivered only 1 of 25 critical policies needed to get emissions reductions back on track.
2. Key findings
The report recommends that:
- Net-zero policy is embedded across all levels and departments of Government
- Government policies to reduce UK emissions to net zero are business-friendly
- The public are fully engaged in the UK’s net-zero transition
- The UK strongly leads international action to tackle climate change
3. Supporting charts and data
The following infographic sets out the key messages from the report. Click on the image below for a higher resolution version.